Monday, July 28, 2008

Just One Kiss Chapter 7

Jon looked tired when Ritchie saw him at the hotel. It was a little after two but it still felt like seven to Jon who wanted dinner not a late lunch. He'd slept most of the transatlantic flight away as he didn't want to sleep when he was in bed with Jeannette. He had a steak, salad and baked potato while the rest of the guys were having various types of wraps. Dave noticed how quiet Jon was and figured it was just jet lag and saving his voice after spending seven hour in recycled air. After a brief sound check, Jon went back to the trailer serving as his dressing room and called Jeannette to tell her he arrived and wish her sweet dreams. He got the answering machine as she had gone to bed after tucking Chantal in.

"Hi it's Jon, just wanted to tell you I made it to Sarnia in one piece and I miss you already. Give Chantal a hug for me and tell Winston I say hi. I'll try you tomorrow."

The bugs drove the guys nuts during a rather short performance and Richie noticed Jon's voice sounded a little rough. The sound system was horrible and the guys were expecting Jon to hit the roof but Jon didn't say a word once he walked off the stage. He headed straight to the trailer, swallowed a sleeping pill, took a shower, changed and headed to the bus that would make the two hour trip to the hotel in Auburn Hills for the concert the next night. Jon stretched out of one of the couches and was asleep before the rest of the guys boarded the bus.

Tico lost the rock, paper scissors game and was in charge of waking Jon up once they reached the hotel in the wee hours of the morning. Jon mumbled a few obscenities and took the card key off Obie and tried to walk to the elevator and remain half asleep.

"Bro, do you remember your room number?" Richie asked as Jon slumped against the back of the elevator.

"Fuck off."

"I'll take that as a no. 1210, Asshole." Richie chuckled.

Richie was just closing his door when he heard Jon swearing. He opened the door a bit more and stepped out in to the hall.

"Fucking door, won't fucking open, Stupid fucking card keys!"

"Stupid Jon at the wrong fucking door." Richie sighed turning Jon around and pushing him to the other side of the hall.

He waited until the door opened and started snickering.

"Not one fucking word Sambora!" Jon growled and slammed the door.

Richie shook his head and went back to his room with a huge grin on his face. Jon pulled his boots off, yanked the comforter off the bed and laid right down. He turned a few times and then drifted back to sleep.

Jon had been playing phone tag with Jeannette for a couple of days and without thinking called her right after he got off stage after the first Boston performance. The phone rang several times before it was finally picked up.

"Unless the world is ending I will kill you with my bare hands for calling at this hour." Jeannette hissed into the phone.

"Oh fuck Jen, I forgot about the time difference. What time is it?"

She couldn't help smiling when she realized who was calling. "4:15 in the morning, idiot."

"Sorry, I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, how's the tour going?"

"Well, but I'm miserable without you."

"Chantal has a birthday party on Friday so we are heading home tomorrow afternoon."

"For how long?"

"I don't know a week or so and then I'm thinking of taking her to Monaco. What about you, taking the kids to the Hampton's?"

"I want a week at home then we'll probably head up there. You aren't very talkative."

"Jon, it's 4:17, I'm tired and half asleep."

"Well I'll let you go then, sweet dreams my sweet."

"Night Jon, please remember the time difference next time."

"I'll try."

Jeannette put the phone down and rolled over. She was cursing him an hour later when she was still awake. She woke up again at nine and laid in bed until 10:15 when she picked up her phone book and looked up Jon's cell number. She dialled the number and it rang several times before it was finally picked up.

"What the fuck?" Jon growled.

"Oh fuck Jon, I forgot about the time difference. What time is it?" she asked in a sugar sweet voice.

"You are evil Jen."

"Hey it took me almost two hours to get back to sleep so turn about is fair play. Guess I need to be punished then." she purred.

"I'm awake now Baby, how about some phone sex?"

"Sorry, Chantal is waiting for me. Sweet dreams my sweet." she chuckled and hung up the
phone.

"Evil beautiful bitch. God I miss her." Jon said to the air, slid his phone under the pillow and went back to sleep.

Dave watched Jon down another cup of coffee and noticed how quiet he had been since he got back from England. He was distant and moody during the day only turning on his legendary charm and showmanship on stage. The second the final encore was done it was back to the dreary Jon. Stephanie and Jesse had flown in to see the second Boston show then go home with their Dad. Jon was trying to appear normal but 28 years of friendship told him it was all just an act. He had tried talking to him the other night but Jon dismissed him claiming he was tired.
Stephanie knew something was troubling her father. His eyes lit up when he first saw his two eldest children but since then they were a cold steel blue with none of the usual sparkle to them. He was using his fake smile when he did smile and he seemed a million miles away to her. Jon had to take a call from Philadelphia and Stephanie slid in to the seat next to her Uncle Richie.

"What's wrong with my Dad, Richie? Oh God, has he seen a doctor lately?"

Richie gave his Goddaughter a hug. "It's nothing medical Sweetheart. Your Dad is sick though, it's called love sickness. I was teasing him about it being only lust but judging by how he's acted since he left her....he's in love with her."

"Who is her? Where did he meet her and is that why he stayed in London?"

"Her name is Jeannette Pierce, he apparently met her briefly years ago and ran in to her again in London. Yes that is why he stayed."

"The name sounds vaguely familiar. I've heard it before."

"Dot use to take you to Broadway shows right?"

"Yes, she still does. We are looking forward to seeing 9 to 5 in the fall."

"Then that's how you know her, she's a big musical star with countless awards."

"Hmm I wonder what I've seen her in? So Dad is in love with her?"

"Yes and missing her something fierce. He asked her to come back with him but she has a five
year old daughter she didn't want to leave and there is a press problem."

"Press problem?"

"Yes, she looks like your Dad. One look at Jeannette and Jon with Chantal and well even I thought she was his until he set me straight."

"Really?"

"Steph she looks more like Jon than the four of you."

"Holy cow!"

"Yeah can you imagine how much fun the tabloids would have with that?"

"Richie, Dad is miserable he needs to be with her. What if we kept Chantal away from being seen
with them both? I'd watch Chantal while dad was with her."

"I could try asking her. I'd need you to get Jon's cell phone off him so I can get the number."

"Give me ten minutes." Stephanie chuckled and headed back to her Dad.

Fifteen minutes later, Stephanie handed Richie her dad's cell phone and Richie entered the two numbers Jon had into his phone book. Stephanie returned the phone back to her dad and hoped Richie could work his magic.

"Amberley Manor may I help you?" Betty asked.

"Hi is Jeannette there please?"

"I'm sorry but she is not in residence."

"Thank you."

Richie tried the number marked cell and the phone was finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Is Jeannette there please."

"One Moment, Jen the phone is for you."

"Hello."

"Hi Jeannette, you probably don't remember me but I'm a friend of Jon's. My name is Richie..."

"I know who you are Mr. Sambora, what can I do for you?"

"You both can get on a plane and come to New York. Jon has been absolutely miserable without you and very withdrawn. His daughter is concerned and asked me if I could get you down here. Stephanie has offered to watch Chantal so the press doesn't see the three of you together. I was hoping we could surprise the hell out of Jon at our final concert in Madison Square Gardens. He told me that you sing Thank You better then he does, so I thought maybe you could walk out and force him into a duet. I'd book two rooms for you at the Plaza. Stephanie would watch Chantal while you were at the venue and stay all night and you and Jon could reconnect in the other room after the concert."

"I don't know Richie, can I think about it for a week or so?"

"The concert is in five days, the last show is July 15th."

"Bloody hell, you don't give a lady much time."

"Sorry but I can assure you that there is never any press at Jon's estate. Can you give me a call back in a few hours so I can make arrangements?"

"Fine, give me a few hours to think this over. What number can I reach you at?"

Richie gave her his cell phone number and caught Stephanie's eye giving her crossed fingers and thumbs up sign which made her smile. She asked for her Dad's phone again and thought she could get a yes from Jeannette. She dialled Amberley Manor first then tried the second number. This time Jeannette answered.

"Hi Miss Pierce, this is Stephanie Bongiovi calling. I know my Uncle Rich gave you a call but I thought maybe if we chatted you'd be more comfortable with the idea of me watching Chantal. I'm fifteen and very responsible. My Mom leaves me in charge of my brothers when she needs to go out. I can handle a four year old boy no problem so Chantal will be a pleasure. I really like kids and I want to be a teacher when I get older. Miss Pierce, the sparkle is gone in my Dad's eyes and only you can put it back. Please come down to visit."

"Stephanie, this isn't fair, you are as utterly charming as your father. I'll make my flight arrangements and then call Richie to let him know."

"Thank you so much Miss Pierce."

"You are welcome my little manipulator."

Stephanie laughed and hung up flashing Richie a huge grin.

Jeannette finally found the British Airways flight she wanted in first class that left Heathrow Airport at 08:55 and arrived at JFK at 11:20, eight hours before the concert began. Richie assured her that someone would be waiting for the Pearson's as soon as they cleared customs. Chantal was very excited about the trip and kept asking her Mom questions about Stephanie that she had no answers for. Richie told Jen that Stephanie's payment for baby-sitting services was bizarre and that he'd handle it since he knew exactly what she wanted.

By the time the limo pulled up to the front of the Plaza Hotel, Jeannette was ready for a nap and Chantal was ready to run around the city. She knew FAO Schwarz was across the street from the Plaza and was staring at it as soon as she got out of the car. Jeannette knew what her daughter was thinking and sighed.

"Sweetie, I need a nap and you need to have a break too. I'm sure Stephanie would be happy to bring you across the street when she arrives. Let me check in. Please go get your luggage from the driver."

Jeannette checked in and called Richie from the hotel phone to let him know she had arrived. He told her that Stephanie would be there at five and she'd bring an all access pass with her. The concert was scheduled to begin at 7:30 and Bon Jovi was expected to be on stage by 8:30. Richie asked her to be at the artists entrance at 8:30 and as soon as they were on stage they'd let her in to the backstage area.

She ordered lunch for them both and as soon as it was delivered she went for a nap giving Chantal strict instructions to not leave the room. She woke up at 4:50 and found Chantal sitting in the living area watching TV with a pitcher of chocolate milk in front of her. Jeannette started eating half of the now cold club sandwich and ordered a pot of spearmint tea to be brought up immediately. The tea and Stephanie both arrived at the same time.

Stephanie looked at the tall blonde woman and could see why her father fell for her. Her long blond hair was pulled up into a neat bun and her green eyes shone like emeralds. Her large breasts were poured into a tight sage green top and her waist looked tiny in a white knee length skirt. Big breasts and long legs, she thought knowing her father's weakness for them. That is no groupie she thought, wondering how a woman who exuded class fell for her occasionally crass, potty mouthed dad.

"Hi Miss Pierce."

"Call me Jen, Stephanie. So it's Stephanie Manipulator Bongiovi?"

Stephanie laughed, "It's actually Rose, but I guess I learned a few things about getting my own way from dear old dad."

"Well my daughter, who would be hooked up to a chocolate milk IV if I let her, is incredibly happy to meet you. Get ready for a game of two hundred questions."

"Hi Stephanie, would you like some chocolate milk?"

"No thanks Chantal, I'm addicted to another drink."

"Addicted?" Jen asked with a grin.

"You mean Uncle Richie didn't tell you what I charged for baby sitting?"

"He just said you were a freak and he'd take care of it."

"I only drink Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, so I wanted a pitcher and two boxes of the mix."

"I'm rather fond of lemonade myself but I couldn't live without tea."

"I'll let you taste it when I make it. Do I need any instructions?"

"Chantal wanted to go across the street to FAO, I told her you might be willing to take her. She has to be in bed, lights out by ten and she is not allowed to cross a street without holding your hand."

"Those are easy enough rules to follow and I'm sure Chantal won't give me any problems, right?"

"No problems at all Stephanie. Mummy can we give her the gift now?"

"Yes, it's sitting on the night stand. Oh yes just in case something happens, my room is 1520, the
last suite on this side of the hall."

"Don't worry, massive blood loss would be the only reason I'd disturb you and my Dad." she replied memorizing the room number anyway.

Chantal came out with a thin box wrapped in floral paper and handed it to Stephanie. The box held a silver charm bracelet with a lipstick, high heels, a red London double decker bus, a purse and a tiny hand held mirror on it.

"Oh wow, this is great, I love them all but the lipstick is the best. Thank you so much."

"You are welcome. When did you see your Dad last?"

"A few hours ago, he brought me into the city when he came over. He thinks I'm at a sleep over at a friends house. I hung out with her and her parents then they dropped me off at the hotel door."

Stephanie had walked in with a pair of sandals on but she had kicked them off rather quickly which made Jeannette smile. She went back to her sandwich and asked if Stephanie wanted anything. Stephanie made her lemonade and gave her a glass. Jen liked it and made a mental note to stock up on it before they went back home. Half an hour later, the girls left for the toy store and promised they'd be back in an hour and a half. Jeannette asked for a wake up call and went back to lay down and rest.

Jen didn't need the wake up call as she heard Chantal giggling as the girls got back to the room. She got out of bed and found Chantal had a large bag in front of her from the toy store and a large lolly in her mouth.

"Miss Muffet, I don't recall giving you any money."

"Stephanie bought them for me. I got two more actors for my company."

Chantal pulled out a plush grey elephant puppet and a beige and white kangaroo with a joey in it's pouch. She also handed her mom a small bag of liquorice all-sorts, one of Jeannette's favourite candies.

"Thank you Stephanie. How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing, dad pays my credit card bill and I'm sure he'd be happy to pay for what we got. You can ask him later if you don't believe me."

"A credit card at fifteen and your father questioned my parenting skills." she scoffed.

Stephanie looked down at her feet and said nothing. Chantal told her mother what had changed in the store since last time they were in New York until it was time for Jen to get dressed. Jeannette came out half an hour later in a body hugging deep purple satin dress that showed a lot of cleavage without looking slutty and came to just above her knee. She had a pair of very high heels of almost the same colour on and a gorgeous amethyst and diamond set of earrings and bracelet.

"Wow, you look gorgeous Jen, my Dad will be drooling but what are you wearing on stage?"

"This is what I'm wearing."

"Oh." (You are way too dressed up for a concert.)

"I've got to leave. Chantal be good or else."

"Yes Mummy." Chantal got up and kissed her mother goodnight and gave her a hug.

"Stephanie, if you get hungry later just call room service, thank you again."

"You're welcome again. Have fun freaking my dad out. He hates being surprised but he'll love seeing you."

Jeannette made it inside Madison Square Gardens with no problem and found it rather boring sitting behind the scenes. She made herself a cup of tea and asked if there was anywhere she could watch the show from. She was brought over to the lighting control booth and picked up the concert at 'Whole Lot of Leaving'. Jen knew that if Jon stayed with the set list, 'Keep the Faith' would be the last song before a wardrobe change and Richie's solo. Jon would appear in the crowd to sing and he'd get through the first verse of 'Make a Memory' before a spot light would hit her on a set of stairs and she'd join in vocally, signing and walking until she reached his mini stage. As Richie started singing, a technician brought over an ear piece and a microphone to her and helped her get into the section and out of view before Jon was on the floor. She was in place when she heard a voice talking in her ear. She hadn't been paying attention and it wasn't repeated.

The crowd roared when Jon appeared on the small stage and he started singing. Jeannette was thrown for a loop when the crowd started singing with him. She was use to being the only voice heard and respectful silence. She wondered if Jon would even hear her over the crowd. Before she knew it the spotlight was on her and she started singing.

Look at this old photograph
Look at all that hair we had...

Jon had his eyes closed so he didn't notice the spotlight but he heard her lilting voice on photograph and thought he was dreaming. His eyes sprung open and he looked around until he saw her, a vision in purple heading his way. His looked over to Richie who was standing on stage, a huge grin on his face, his hand over his forehead watching Jeannette make her way to the small stage. He pointed at Richie, shook his head and then focused on Jen. He kept singing but stepped back from the microphone so her voice could really be heard. Her softer voice floated throughout the arena and Jon felt like jumping down, throwing her in his arms and bringing her to him. Her slow sexy walk and coy smile were driving him insane and making his blood boil. When she was finally in front of him, the crowd parted and he stopped playing giving her his hand and helping her on stage. He swatted her rear end and went back to playing. When the music faded away he was suppose to go straight to 'Blood' but he turned around and pulled her into his arms giving her a long hug.

"I can't believe......, you have no idea........my precious Jen."

"Hello to you too." Jen whispered back and reluctantly withdrew from the hug, knowing she'd
get one hell of a kiss from him in private.

"Ladies and gentleman, the magnificent Jeannette Pierce. I always thought the guys and I did an decent job with this next song until I heard Jen sing it as a lullaby to her daughter. Compared to her, we sound like crap. Jen will you sing it for us?"

"Jon, I was surprising you with one duet, not turning this into......"

"Please, pretty please with a cherry on top." Jon chided, his most charming grin in full action.

"I'll get you my pretty and your shaggy haired accomplice." she sighed giving Richie a look that gave him the chills.

Jeannette started singing 'Thank You For Loving Me' accompanied by Dave on the piano. Jon stood back, his arms across his chest and just listened to her, he had no intention of joining her this time and just listened to her angelic and powerful voice soar. The crowd had started singing with her but quickly stopped and Jon knew they were as mesmerized by her voice as he had been the first time.

"Thanks for the help." she stated, slapping him upside the head when she was done. "Now get back to work, slacker."

With that she gave his ass a playful slap and made her way off stage. Ten minutes later she had made it through he maze of corridors and waited for him in the dressing room. She kicked off her heels and sat with her legs underneath her, eyes closed waiting to hear the door open and to feel his soft lips pressing hard into her.(Damn him, I can't wait to be in his arms again.)

She was seconds away from dozing off when she heard the noise from the hall and waited with breathless anticipation to feel his skin against hers. Jen didn't have to wait long as Jon cupped her face with both hands and gently kissed her eyelids, her forehead and nose before sliding his tongue across her lips. Their tongues met in a fiery tango and Jon kissed her hard, his fingers in her hair holding her against his lips. He continued kissing her, needing to taste her more than he needed to breathe until he started turning blue and had to pull away.

"I didn't need mouth to mouth but it looks like you might right now." she chuckled.

"I still can't believe I'm not dreaming. You are actually here."

"In the flesh, I like you in blue even better than the red. I could go swimming in your eyes."

"You have no idea how miserable I was without you Jen."

"That's why I'm here, your daughter was very concerned about the shell of a man who was trying to be her father."

"Steph called you?"

"Yes, she's watching Chantal right now. I've dubbed her my little manipulator."

"The shaggy hair accomplice must have been Rich."

"Yes, he made all the hotel arrangements and the initial call. Your daughter sealed the deal."

"She is getting a car for her sixteenth." Jon laughed kissing her again.

"Which reminds me, you critique my parenting skills and you give a 15 year old a credit card? Are you insane?"

"She's very responsible and never goes insane. I can afford it so why not."

"Why not? She is 15 and should be working for an allowance, saving her money up to buy things."

"We are not going to talk about parenting styles tonight my love. Let me take a shower and then we can get out of here."

Jon left the bathroom door open and talked to her while he quickly took a shower. He walked out with just a towel wrapped around his waist pushing her back against the wall and kissing her hard as his hands roamed her body. His hand slid up underneath her dress and ran along her slit.

"I see I'm going to have to punish you, you naughty little diva."

"I've been looking forward to my punishment since I got dressed." she purred as Jon slid the zipper down leaving her naked before him.

He ordered her to bend over the couch as he locked the door and thrust straight into her. Her hips bucked and she pushed back against him with each stroke. She hated how much she craved each stroke, how it made her wish she never had to leave him. He withdrew from her and turned her in his arms, kissing each breast before kissing her passionately.

"Let's get out of here Jen. Do you have a room?"

"Yes, at the other end of the hall from our daughters."

They talked quietly in the car, Jon pulled her into his lap and kissed her neck when they weren't talking. The driver knew to pull up at a side entrance and they were in the elevator without a soul noticing. Jeannette smiled when she saw a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with a short note.

Wow, voice of an angel indeed.
Enjoy
Richie

She popped the cork and poured them each a glass. Jon took a sip and went to kiss her but was met with the bottom of the glass. Jen walked away from him so she could finish the glass. The second she put it down his hands were on her back pulling the zipper down on her dress once more.

"God Jen, you have no idea what I wanted to do the moment I saw you."

"I have a good idea, you are a very physical person, you need to touch and feel. I'm amazed you
managed to restrain yourself until you showered."

"Your skin seems even softer than I remembered." he mumbled as he kissed her shoulder.

She bit down on her lower lip as he kissed every inch of her back, his fingers playing with her nipples. He left a lenghty kiss on her hip and picked her up placing her gently on the bed. He stood back and gazed at her, her pale skin shimmering in the moonlight flooding in from the window.

"You are the most beautiful sight in the world, my love."

"Stop staring at me and make love to me Mr. Bongiovi."

"Yes Miss Pierce, I am but your humble servent." he replied with a grin.

No comments: