Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just One Kiss Chapter 2

"You know other than your hair being a bit darker you are still the stunning vision I met in that bar." Jon said trying to ease the tension as he led her to his car.

"Umm, so where is this car?"

"Right over here." Jon led her over to the waiting limo.

Jeannette got in the car and proceeded to pour herself a glass of water, took two aspirins and closed her eyes. Jon wanted to talk to her but decided to give her some silence. He watched her instead, which was a mistake because he found that uncontrollable lust he felt for her five years ago was back and stronger than ever. The limo pulled up at the back entrance and Jon tapped her on the shoulder. He watched in amusement as everyone at the hotel jumped to attention when they saw her and gave her the royal treatment.

"They know you I take it?"

"I'm very well known and adored in London, Mr. Bon Jovi. Hell, I'm well loved all around the world."

"I see."

"I don't suppose you have anything to eat in your room?"

"No but I could order you something. What would you like?"

"All you have to say is Miss Pierce would like her usual."

"Jeannette would you please call me Jon. Mr. Bongiovi is my father."

"Kay."

Jon opened the door to his suite and watched her slink in before him. Her dress was a stretch
black lace and seemed to be painted on her body. He wondered if she was still in the habit of not wearing underwear or if that was an island thing. The dress dipped very low in the back and he remembered the silky smoothness as if it were yesterday. One kiss with her, remained with him all these years and he often wondered what became of his mystery girl and who she was. He heard the phone being dropped back on the receiver and looked up.

"I ordered my own food." She kicked her heels off and sat down on the edge of the couch.

She took her first good look at him all night and tried to ignore the rush of adrenaline that invaded her entire body. Time had only improved Jon in her mind. His body was now as chiselled as his face and she found the tiny little lines around his eyes gave him a more distinguished look. His hair was shorter and a little bit darker but that was about all that changed. His eyes still drew her in and she looked away before she got lost in them once more.

"So Jeannette, tell me about Chantal."

"Chantal means the world to me Jon. She has an incredible imagination and a great capacity to love. She likes to think she takes care of me and she tries so hard when she has me to herself on Sundays. She's got a stubborn streak in her and she knows how to manipulate Mandy and I already. She..."

"Who is Mandy?"

"My dear friend and Chantal's Nanny. I spend most of my nights in one theatre or another so
Mandy looks after her for me."

"That must be hard."

"Yes it is. It’s one of the reasons I’m taking a break from performing. It’s bizarre, I listen to your music but I never looked at you. It wasn’t until you were in front of me that, I made the connection."

There was a knock at the door and Jeannette looked at Jon and curled up on the couch. "That should be my dinner, kindly get the door."

Jon got up and watched as a large room service cart was wheeled in and left in front of a lounging
Jeannette.

"Miss Pierce, I'm afraid we were all out of Vidala onions."

Every last ounce of patience she had was lost, normally she wouldn’t care but right now no Vidala onions was the straw that broke the camel’s back. "What? Oh this just won't do. There must be a market opened somewhere."

"We tried Miss Pierce, but none of the local markets carried any. We import them weekly and our shipment was delayed."

"If there are Spanish onions in this take it back."

"No Miss Pierce, there are no onions in it. We know you hate Spanish onions and the red onions were not sweet enough so George simply omitted them and included extra mushrooms."

"I'm not happy but I am starving so I will eat it." She took a sip of her tea and spit it back out.

"This is peppermint tea, I only drink spearmint tea. Rectify this situation at once!" she
demanded.

"I'm so sorry Miss Pierce, I'll just take that away and bring the proper tea."

"I want a fresh pot up here in five minutes or heads will roll. Now go!" she snapped.

Jon grimaced at the waiter and opened the door for him. "Jeannette you didn't need to snap at him."

"You know the point of having a usual is that it is made the same way each time and you don't have to deal with surprises. Then again, nothing has gone right tonight so why should my dinner be any different?" She lifted the silver dome and placed it beside her on the couch. She started picking at her egg white omelette.

"That looks pretty good to me."

"It's OK, it's much better with the right onions. Would you like a taste?"

"Sure, thanks."

Jon moved the silver dome and sat down beside her on the couch. He picked up the fork and cut off a sizeable piece and put it in his mouth. He placed the fork down and looked up at Jeannette.
Her lips were mere inches away and once again logic went out the window in one fell swoop. He leaned over, bracing her neck with his hand and kissed her hard. His hands moved to her neck and down her shoulders pushing the thin straps of her dress off her shoulder. Jeannette wrapped her arms around his neck and let the kiss intensify. The past, the fact that she didn't know Jon, meant nothing as his tongue found hers and a hungry tango began. Jon lowered her to the couch and pulled the clingy lace dress down her body getting the answer to his earlier question. He closed his mouth over a hardened nipple and began sucking on it as his fingers traced the edge of her sheer and velvet floral French cut panties. She moaned as his tongue made a circle around her belly button and his fingers started to move inside her. Her back arched wildly and Jon picked her up and carried her over to the bed, quickly shedding his tux before joining her. They didn't even noticed the persistent knocking on the door.

Jeannette woke up and found herself once more wrapped in Egyptian cotton sheets this time beside a rock star. She carefully left the bed and went into the living room to retrieve her dress. She wiggled her way back into it and picked up her purse and panties. She left a note on the table for Jon and left before he woke up. Jon shifted in his sleep and went to pull her closer to him. When his hands meet he woke up and called out to her. When he didn't get an answer he hopped out of bed and noticed the note sitting on the bedside table.

"So this is how that guy felt." Jon sighed and looked at the note.

Jon, thank you for dinner and last night. You were wonderful.
Jeannette.

Jon picked up the phone and dialled Obie, waking him up from a peaceful sleep.

"Hello?"

"Obie, it’s me. Do you know who Jeannette Pierce is?"

"The musical star?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, I’ve seen her perform a few times. She’s got a voice on her that..."

"I need you to find out where she lives for me. Can you do it in about fifteen minutes?"

"I’ll try my best."

"Good, I’ll get dressed and knock on your door."



"I thought you were going away to the estate alone Mommy."

"I changed my mind Sweetie, I thought it would be fun for just the two of us to go."

"Mandy isn't coming?"

"No Mandy is staying here. Go pack what you want to bring."

"Yes Mommy, right away Mommy." Chantal ran upstairs to start packing.

"Mandy could you go help her please?"

"Sure after we talk. Chantal said she met a guy that sort of looked like her last night. Then Rhonda was going on and on about the scandal that would rock us when the press found out about your affair."

"Oh brother."

"So are you actually coming back in a weeks time or should I bone up on reading cryptic messages."

"Last night, I ran into the man I shared a very passionate kiss with in Fiji. He kissed me and got spooked and left. Twenty minutes later, I met the guy who fathered Chantal. Rhonda thinks the first guy is her father, but he isn’t."

"Oh, so who is the first guy?"

"Jon Bon Jovi."

"What! You made out with Jon Bon Jovi in Fiji?"

"We kissed once."

"He was married then!"

"That must have been why he bolted, he remembered her."

"Chantal doesn’t look..."

"Yeah she does. I’d make the assumption everyone else is, if I hadn’t been there to know the truth."

"So you spent the night with him. What did you talk about? What’s he like?’

"I don't really know, we didn't say much to each other last night."

"Jeannette you spend all night with the man and you ..........Jeannette!"

"Mandy, I don't know what it is, but when I get near that man all I want to do is rip off his clothes and make wild passionate love to him. The feeling seems to be mutual."

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Keep me away from Jon Bongiovi for starters."

"So was the sex...."

"Mandy!"

"Spill or I’m going to tell Rhonda you are back."

"Incredibly hot. Are you happy?"

"For the moment, I'll go help our little rugrat."

Jeannette picked up the phone and dialled her country estate.

"Amberley Manour may I help you?"

"Hello Betty, it's Miss Pierce. There will be a slight change in my plans. Chantal will be joining me if you could prepare her room."

"It will be my pleasure Miss Pierce, Miss Chantal just brings sunshine into this house. You'll be needing someone to stay with her Wednesday night then. Or is Miss Rada joining you?"

"I forgot all about that party, yes I'll need someone to stay with her."

"I'll arrange it. Are you motoring up or flying?"

"Chopper actually, I should be there in time for lunch."

"I'll see you then Miss Pierce, good day."

"Thank you Betty, see you soon."

Jeannette went up to pack a few last minute items and grabbed her seldom used notebook computer. She wanted to find out everything she could about Jon Bongiovi.

"Mummy will we arrive in time for tea?"

"Yes dear, you know I never miss tea when I'm free."

"Do you hafta go back to the theatre on Monday?'

"No Mommy is taking a break from performing."

"So you'll be around during the night ?"

"Yes I will be."

"Cool. That man yesterday was he...."

"No, Chantal he is not your father. His name is Jon Bongiovi and he is an American rock star."

"Oh. I'm all packed and ready to go. Miss Mandy is bringing down my luggage."

"Why don't you go make sure you haven't forgotten anything and then get in the car. I'll be out shortly."

"Yes Mummy."

"Excuse me Miss Pierce, will you be back on Monday?" her housekeeper asked.

"No Molly, I'll be gone for the week and possibly a week and a half."

"Would you mind If I went to visit my sister in Chester?"

"Be my guest, if I return early I'm sure I can muddle through until you return."

"Yes, you'll just pack up and check in to the Ritz Carlton."

"You know me so well Molly."

"Yes I do Miss Pierce. Have a nice country vacation."

"Thank you, enjoy your visit with your sister."

Jeannette grabbed her weekend bag, purse and laptop and went out to her BMW. She said good
bye to Mandy, made sure Chantal's belt was fastened properly and started the car. It was a short ride to the helicopter pad where Jeannette's pilot was waiting for her. The helicopter landed forty minutes later at the landing behind Amberley Manor.

The entire household staff was waiting at the back entrance for their Mistress' arrival. Jeannette
employed three maids, a Butler, chauffeur, a kitchen staff of three and Betty to oversee them all. Jeannette purchased Amberley Manor for two million pounds eight years ago and spent every moment she could at the Eighteenth Century Sussex Estate. The twenty bedroom Manor sat on ten acres of rolling hills complete with four gardens, a stable and it's own lake. She had converted the two coach houses into staff quarters and given Betty and her family the small cottage on the property. Chantal ran into Betty's arms as soon as she saw her and was rewarded with a toffee.

"Betty, little Miss Moffat will ruin her lunch. She's already finished off a bag of Chocolate toffees."

"Yes Miss Pierce, I've made her favourite cheese toastie and barley soup for you."

"Thank you Betty, I was thinking tea in the Conservatory would be ideal."

"I'll have it ready for you at four then. Thomas! Miss Pierce's bags will not walk themselves up
to her suite."

"Right away Mrs. Hampton."

"Mommy, can I help Mr. Ford in the garden?"

"After you eat your lunch you may help him."

"Can I eat now then?"

"No you will eat lunch at noon with me. Run along to your room and help Susan unpack your
clothes."

"But I wanna...."

"Chantal!"

"Yes Mommy, I'll go unpack now."

"Miss Pierce, would you like me to draw you a hot bath?"

"That would be wonderful Betty. The last twenty four hours have been insane."

"Shall I pour you a snifter of Brandy?"

"No but a cuppa would be lovely."

"Your bath will be ready in ten minutes."

Betty left to make sure the household was working and went upstairs to draw her Mistress bath.
Jeannette went up the side stairs and looked in on her daughter who was bouncing on her bed. She cleared her throat and gave Chantal a pointed look and continued down to hall way to her room. Jeannette's room was actually an entire suite of rooms. The large master bedroom lead to a floral sitting room, a office/ library and a private dinning room. She could hear Betty preparing her bath and she unpacked her silk robe and left her clothes on the bed as she wrapped the luxurious material around her. One of the junior maids brought up a steaming cup of tea and left it beside the tub. Jeannette lit a few Gardenia scented candles and sunk into the tub to relax.


"Thanks Obie. I owe you one." Jon said wondering exactly how he was going to explain to the guys that he wasn’t getting on the band’s plane to go back to the states in a few hours.

"Jon, she has friends in very high places, tread very lightly or you will find yourself deported and
the press will eat you alive, before you can blink."

"I’ll be careful Obie. I promise I’ll be in Sarnia on July 6th."

"Now how do I get to East Sussex and Amberley Manor?"

"I have no idea."

"Think you could tell the guys something came up while I make a fast getaway. Rich will try to talk me out of this and call me crazy but I just have to see her again."

"You are crazy you loon. Get, I’ll sacrifice my life for you."

Jon gave Obie a wicked grin, grabbed his suitcase and went down to talk to the concierge.



After an hour long soak Jeannette didn't feel like going downstairs to eat so she padded into her private dinning room where Chantal was waiting for her.

"Mommy you aren't even dressed."

"I'm aware that I am still in my robe Chantal. When you go out to help Mr. Ford I think I will take a nap."

"You didn't sleep very well did you?"

"No Sweetie, I only got an hour or two of sleep."

"That’s no good Mommy, you need your rest or you'll be getting sick again."

"Yes Mom." she said with a grin.

"I mean it Mommy, you got really sick and I was scared you were going to die. While you are off
I'm going to take real good care of you."

"I must be the luckiest Mother alive to have you as my daughter. Now finish your toastie and you can go play in the garden."

"Promise you'll take a nap."

"I promise."

Jeannette finished her soup and looked out the window to see Chantal pulling out weeds with Mr. Ford and laughing as he made faces at her. She buzzed to let Betty know she was done and headed straight for her bed. She still wasn't back to a hundred percent after a nasty bout with phenomina that forced her to spend nearly a month in the hospital. The doctor had warned her that being physically and mentally exhustated left her immune system very weak and she could have died if she had tried to make it through one more performance. Jeannette had a lot of time to think while she convalesced and realized she didn't miss being on stage at all. She still hadn't figured out exactly what she wanted to do with the rest of her life but she knew she didn't want to be a star anymore. Jeannette drifted off for a long nap and woke up feeling refreshed. She wandered downstairs and was passing the front door when it rang.

"I'll get it Betty." She opened the door and her jaw dropped when she saw Jon standing there with a suitcase in his hand. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Thought I could use a country break too."

1 comment:

Sunstreaked said...

Seems like this is going to be an interesting story. Jeannette already letting her inner witch out - LOL! Pretty funny Jon just showing up. Not sure Ms. "I'm Better Than You and I'm Happy To Tell You So" is going to appreciate it!

Can see sparks coming. Hope Jeannette has some good qualities BESIDES talent and being a decent mom.

Very visual writing. You do great scene descriptions.